Sunday 27 February 2011

Should have done this sooner

So I definitely should have done this a lot sooner, but its now or never right? As a mom of 2, I know that when you are pregnant, it is very easy to gain weight. What I didnt know at the time, was how hard it was going to be to get that weight off. With daughter #1 going to be 6 at the end of this year, it's about time for me to finally get rid of the extra pounds I gained while pregnant with her. 
So that takes me to November 15, 2010. I decided that from that day forward I was making a commitment to finally and ACTUALLY lose the weight. I am not going to post my starting weight (cause come on, what woman wants to actually tell how much they weigh?) But I will say that it was too much. My initial goal was to lose 45 lbs which would take me to my weight before daughter #1. Once I hit that weight, then I will re-asses the situation. 

So where am I now? I always "count" my weight loss on Tuesdays, I record my weight each week so here it is: 

week 1> 5.2-
week 2> 2.6-
week 3> 3.4-
week 4> 3.2-
week 5> 1.6-
week 6> 0.0-
week 7> 2.2-
week 8> 1.8-
week 9> 2.0-
week 10> 1.0-  
Week 11> 0.4- 
Week 12> 4.8-
Week 13> 1.6-
Week 14> 1.0-

I have a lot of people asking me how I am doing it. If you are thinking of getting on the weight loss train here is a little bit of advice from me..You will have your biggest loss week 1 as it is mostly water weight. Make sure you are drinking lots of water and DONT deprive yourself of foods. Just watch your portions. Portion control is huge. Try not to eat out if possible....portions are way too big. Always get sauces on the side. If you are having salad, have your dressing on the side, dip your fork in the dressing and then into the salad. You will be surprised at how little dressing you need. Obviously avoid empty calories such as candy, alcohol etc...If you are crazy craving something "bad" have a piece of gum, brush your teeth, anything to put it off.Get your exercise in every day! Even if its only a little, make sure you move. Today I was stranded as my vehicle doesnt go very well in the snow...which means no gym for me. This morning I took my girls out in the snow. We went sledding. Whenever I would go back up the hill I would RUN. Full force run. Then we went for a walk. When I got back in, I did crunches and danced to some music....every little bit of movement helps. I will add that the roads got much better, so I hit the gym. But if the roads had stayed bad, I wouldnt have been too upset, as I managed to get my heart beat up here at home. 
Anyway, I think I have done enough rambling as it is. I will keep posting my thoughts on here as much as possible. xo - B

PS, Here is a photo of me showing my progress so far. Pic 1 is day 1 - November 15. Pic 2 is December 11, Pic 3 is February 11. Oh, and as of this day, I am down 33 lbs.

1 comment:

  1. SO great Britt! Congrats on your success so far and for your motivation!

    xo
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete