Monday 28 February 2011

Realized something

Up until this point I have been obsessed with the number on the scale. I weigh myself every morning when I wake up, as this is considered your "true weight". This past week, despite working my butt off at the gym and watching every morsel I put in my mouth, that number on the scale has stayed exactly, I mean EXACTLY  the same, TO. THE. POINT. How frustrating is that? I decided to keep working at it, and not be discouraged. With a little extra effort Saturday, Sunday  morning I was two pounds less, and in the next number group! (A lot of people don't know what I mean when I say Im in the next number group -- this means that, say I was 120 pounds (lol) and now I am 119 lbs, I am in the next number group)  This is sooo exciting to me.

Well, I have discovered something this morning.

Two years back I lost a bunch of weight. This was due to a crash diet, and working out like mad. As soon as I started feeling comfortable with my weight, I started eating more and the weight just came back on, and then some. When I lost the weight initially, I went out shopping and bought myself new work clothes. This is where what I discovered this morning comes in. The "small pants" that I had bought back when I initially lost weight ARE TOO BIG FOR ME. Say whatttt? TOO BIG? Wow.

I have realized I need to stop worrying about the number on the scale, and start realizing how I feel. My clothes are too big. Although sooo annoying, as it is impossible to find something to wear, it is AWESOME! (I refuse to buy new clothes until I absolutely cant live in these "big" ones anymore)

Here are a couple things I have noticed during my weight loss so far: (that may not seem like much to you, but they are huge to me!)

- cardio has improved big time
- can run for at least 10 minutes straight
- can plank for 1 minute
- was size 15 pants, now a size 10 (although 10 are too big!)
- my engagement ring is too big
- was large shirt, now a medium or small

Another little victory I had this weekend: Saturday night/Sunday morning it snowed like mad. I don't have any big snow pants but I wanted to go play with the girls in the snow. I decided to pull out my snow pants that my dad bought me when I was 15 or 16...and they fit. .... They fit!!! I did them up and wore them all morning comfortably. Wow. I am just amazed.
After struggling with this weight for the past 5 years I am just amazed at what can be accomplished once you put your mind to it. xo -B

No comments:

Post a Comment