Tuesday 1 March 2011

Todays Tuesday

 I have a lot of people asking me what Im eating... But Im not going to sit here and list everything that I eat in a day --- BOR ING...but I will mention a few things that are helping me in my journey..
Heres an ironic thing: YOU NEED TO EAT TO LOSE WEIGHT. Bottom line, if you don't eat, or eat too little, your body will go into starvation mode and hold onto everything you eat.
Make sure you are eating breakfast every morning. Don't stick to salad and chicken as I know first hand this will work, BUT, you will end up eating other stuff again and then you will gain the weight back. When you change your eating habits, it
should be forever, not temporarily while you lose weight. Sure, maybe once you are at your goal, you can be a little more relaxed but you should still always watch what and how much you eat. The number one thing to remember is that Food should be treated as fuel for your body, not pleasure. If you have a big accomplishment, don't go out and buy yourself a cake, go out and buy yourself a new book, a new coat, new running shoes, etc.

For me, the hardest thing about losing weight is keeping my eating in check. I love to go to the gym but eating has been my down fall. Not necessarily eating bad, just eating too much. My portions were way too big. One of the most shocking things that I have learned while doing this is how big portion sizes really should be. I was shocked to find out that YES these portions actually fill me up! And, if I keep my portions in control I can have almost anything I want....almost.

See? This post so far is really boring to me. I don’t want to talk about the eating.

Lets talk about today. Today is my weekly weigh in day, I will edit and post my loss this week later tonight when I do it. (630 pm) Its important to make sure you are weighing in at the same time every day rather than randomly.

Today I am going to go to the gym on my lunch break. (I love that I have this option!!)

Today it is cold outside.

Today is the worst day of the week....Tuesday. Thumbs down.

Today is March 1st ...which means 2 MONTHS TODAY UNTIL WE GO TO MEXICO!!!!!!! We are heading there to watch my bestie marry her awesome fiance. I couldn’t be more excited to stand up there with her. This was one of my huge motivators to finally do this weight loss thing. I didn’t want to be the heavy bridesmaid up there. While I probably wont be a size nothing like the other girls up there, (love you girls!!) I will be comfortable, and that’s all that matters. I am soooo excited to go, but the thought of bathing suit shopping still TERRIFIES me. At this point, I am not sure its going to happen. Someone, please tell me how I am ever going to buy a bathing suit... xo - B


My Bestie and I being goofy!! xoxo




Weighed in tonight -- down 3.2 lbs this week!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Honestly Britt, some people will just never like buying bathing suits (me!).

    No matter what size I am, I just have an odd body. I have ribs that stick out and I'm just not meant to wear a bikini.

    You've done great so far, and you'll look great on your trip! Don't worry about the bathing suit shopping, just think about how much fun you'll have when you're there.

    (ps, we are the opposite. I can control my eating with minimal problem but I hate the gym haha. I have to try to stay active other ways)

    (pps, i've been reading recipes on the site skinnytaste.com. There are some pretty good ones! Thought you might like it :))

    xo
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete