Sunday 6 March 2011

Amazed at what I can do after 16 weeks.

Running has never been my thing. I have been going to the gym religiously for a few years, but me and running have never become friends. When I started on my weightloss journey I wanted to have a good variety of things in my workout so that my body wouldnt get used to what I was doing so I started walking on the treadmill as my warm up. One day I decided to make it a little more intense so I decided to run......I lasted 1 minute. Im not kidding, 1 minute. I remember not being able to breathe and my legs were burning. It was gross. So I continued to walk. Gradually I started incorporating running into my treadmill routine. It started as 2 minutes walking, 1 minute running, 2 minutes walking, 1 minute running for 10 minutes. Then, when that got too easy, I started doing 1 minutes running, 1 minute walking, 1 minute running, 1 minute walking. One day, I decided to see how long I could run, and lasted 10 minutes. I was sooo happy about that. So for the past 2 months, I have been doing 10 minutes of running every day. Yesterday morning, I started my workout with my run as usual, but when I got to 10 minutes I wasnt that tired, so I thought Id see if I could make it to 15 minutes...and I did. Easily. As I slowed down the pace and started to walk after the 15 minutes, I was thinking to myself, I am not that tired... Im going to see if I can run for 5 more minutes. So I  did. Then I tried for 5 more minutes..... then 5 more. 16 Weeks ago running was almost impossible for me...and yesterday morning I ran for half an hour. I am just AMAZED at what losing a little weight can do for you.

So after I get off the machine and walk over to where my bag is located, the guy who works at the gym (who is there every Saturday when I go, but have never spoken to him besides "hi") stops me and says, "How often are you working out?" and I tell him that I workout 6 to 7 days a week and he says "wow, thats awesome, I can see its really working for you, you have awesome dedication" .......WHAT? THE FREAKIN GUY AT THE GYM NOTICES THAT I HAVE LOST WEIGHT?!?! Holy crap.

After the gym yesterday me and the girls went to dad and Mag's house for a baby shower for their new niece + nephew. It was really nice to see everyone again as we haven't been out there for a while. Its nice going to their place because they always have healthy options to eat. We started talking about our wedding and I am getting super excited!!! You know, I have never even thought about what type of wedding dress I want to have, I have no idea. I have never been dress shopping as I wanted to wait until I am down to my goal weight... I only have 12ish pounds to go. I cant wait to go and not be uncomfortable about my sizing... thats going to be my reward for losing my weight, trying on wedding dresses for the first time. Now, its off to the gym to run for 30 minutes....

1 comment:

  1. Brit you are doing awesome! I have never been a fan of running either, but I wanted to try and prove that the last year hadn't stopped me, I was doing the same as you and then finally got to 30 mins and eventually 45!! But then I hurt my ankle and was out for a few months...I was distraught at first and when I got back on I could only do 5 minutes again just to not over do it but I am slowing working my way back to 30! You are inspiring! Congrats and you will look amazing in whatever dress you get and whatever size it is! You have always been beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete