Wednesday 23 March 2011

Winning!

When I first started my weight loss journey I knew that it WAS going to happen this time. Some sort of switch flipped and I just knew that this had to be done this time. I remember talking to my sister back in November joking that hey!! One day we could actually share clothes. Shes small. I don't know what size she is, but she was definitely a heck of a lot smaller than I was. Today, 18 weeks into my weight loss journey something freakin amazing happened to me... I PUT ON MY SISTERS DRESS, AND ZIPPED IT UP. All the way up. Wtf? I was shocked because when Liena brought it over, she said to me, "I don't know... Its kind of hard to do the zipper up"...so when I stepped into it, I didn't think there was a hope in h-e-double-hockey sticks that I would fit into it....but I did. I was so shocked that I had to take a picture and send it to my sis.
Here it is:

SEE! Its zipped up!!
Cant believe it
This is my sis wearing the dress



WOW. I have been having major image issues up to this point. Even though I am very close to 40 lbs lighter I promise you I still have major issues. When I went shopping on Sunday I still didn't feel as good as I thought I would when I tried on a pair of shorts that were 4 sizes smaller, and a shirt that was a size small instead of a large. This is a constant struggle that I REALLY need to overcome. Having moments like this morning with the dress is what I really need as I try to overcome my image issues. I feel like you can be a tiny little thing, but if you don't feel good about yourself you wont be happy. My initial goal was to lose 47 lbs...I never thought I could come this far! But.. The finish line is in sight! xo-B

2 comments:

  1. hey brit, you look amazing, nice work! love the dress AND the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you look amazing!! Congrats. I have issues with clothes myself. I just refuse to even try to go into a smaller size until I hit my goal. I'm one of those all or nothing kind of people. I would love to get into my two teenage girls jeans.. I can dream :)

    ReplyDelete