Friday 4 March 2011

Losing weight slowly.

When it comes to weight loss, slow and steady wins the race. When I first started my weight loss journey, I lost 15 lbs in the first 5 weeks or so. It was AMAZING!!! I couldn't believe it. This was due to the fact that I was losing water weight. Inititally, you will lose quickly, but it will slow down. Since I lost that initial 15 lbs, it has been about 11 weeks and I have lost another 20 ish pounds. I average about 2 lbs a week.
I have learned that if you slowly lose weight, you will have a way better chance of keeping the weight off.

Its not about a fad diet, or a crash diet, or a cabbage soup diet because lets face it, as soon as you start eating again you will gain the weight back. You are not learning how to have good eating habits when doing a diet, you are just starving yourself and probably losing a lot of muscle. Another reason not to "diet" is because if you lose weight too rapidly your metabolism slows down...if your metabolism is slow, you will not lose weight. Losing weight is not about seeing how fast you can do it, its about the rest of your life. Its about CHANGING your life and how you treat food and exercise. Its much more about eating RIGHT then eating less.

The problem with losing weight slowly is that it is easy to get discouraged. In order to not get discouraged try one of these:

Take body measurements – Rather than fret those weeks when you’ve only lost .2 pounds or even worse, stayed the same or gained some, take those body measurements. With a tape measure, record chest, waist, and hips measurements. Chances are, if you’ve been following your weight loss program, you have lost a few inches.

-try on smaller clothing to see how much better you fit

-compare the weight you've lost to objects:

THIS IS ONE POUND OF FAT: ewww



-Stay positive. Tell yourself, you can and WILL lose this weight.

-Stick to it...no matter what, stick to it...it will happen.


Today is March 4th. MARCH FOURTH!! Do you know what that means? It means that two months from today I am going to stand up there with my best friend and witness her marry her man.. I am beyond excited for her. She's had soo much go on in life and she deserves a day in her honour. She looks absolutely amazing in her wedding dress and let me tell you Dave is going to be BLOWN AWAY!!! I am probably going to cry my eyes out..lol The countdown is on my friend!!!! xox - B

No comments:

Post a Comment