Tuesday 29 March 2011

Stress Struggles

Im struggling. Life is sooo freakin hectic and stressful right now. Unfortunately, I think my weight loss is suffering because of that. This past week, despite hitting the gym every day, sometimes twice, I am pretty sure I have lost nothing. That is sooo frustrating. How do I not get discouraged by that? How do I break through this stress induced plateau? I don't see my life getting any less stressful until I have spent a week doing nothing on the Mexican beaches. (32 days!)

Just to show you how much exercise I have done in the last seven days, here is a recap:
Tuesday: Gym 1 hour
Wednesday: Gym 1 hour, + I walked 4.5 kms home from work
Thursday: Gym 1 hour
Friday: Gym 1 hour
Saturday: Gym 1 hour 30 minutes in the morning + a walk in the afternoon + 1 hour in the evening
Sunday: no gym, but spent the day in Vancouver, walking
Monday: Gym 1 hour and then 1 hour of zumba
Today I will hit the gym for an hour.

I don't know what is going on. I mean, its not like I am mowing down. I am drinking my water, I am working out, I am getting plenty of sleep and I am watching what I eat ... I HATE PLATEAUS!

I tried zumba for the first time yesterday. It was pretty cool. The girl who instructed us kept making me laugh because seriously the entire time she had this gigantic smile on her face. She was just dancin with this perma-smile LOL.
I didn’t actually find it that challenging endurance-wise, but it sure is a nice change from the usual work outs. I have 5 more classes of it. Some of the dance moves are kind of difficult. I think once I master those then I will enjoy the class a bit more!

Tonight is the Teen Mom 2 finale and I am kind of excited/sad for that. I mean. Its cool that its on but it sucks that its over! I guess Ill have to get my weekly dose of reality tv drama from The Real World instead lol

One more cool thing that Id like to point out is that at almost 25 years old, I have my first pen pal! Well, email pal...whatever you want to call it. The reason we became email pals is because I go to this particular website, and on it, you post before and after photos of your weight loss. I came across her photo quite a few times and every time I did I had to show whoever was around me, or just said wow out loud. The girl has lost 130 lbs and looks AMAZING. After seeing her a few times I decided I had to let her know that I thought she looked awesome so she gave me her email address and now we are email pals! Lol Its pretty cool and nice to chat with someone who has struggled with weight loss too.

On another note, despite my plans of waiting til I am at my goal weight, I decided to try on some wedding dresses on Sunday! There is one particular dress that I loved and I cant stop thinking about. I am obviously going to keep looking around as I have tons of time, but that dress is going to be hard to top!

xo-B

2 comments:

  1. when u reach a plateau, kick it up a notch. Your body is now used to exercising now. Instead of walking, jog - even if u can't keep it up for the entire distance. Or try something new - maybe spinning class? Push yourself, dig deeper! And most important don't feel discouraged becuz U ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plateau's are no fun. I'm at one right now but we just have to keep changing it up. Try skipping too its the best workout you can give your body and its fun

    ReplyDelete