Friday 11 March 2011

Inspiration

I think I may have written about this before but I feel the need to write about it again if I have. One of the coolest things that has happened to me since I began my weight loss in November is how I am inspiring people! I have had soo many people private message me and tell me how I am inspiring them. THANK YOU LADIES! All of you who send me these messages mean soo much to me. Its soo amazing to see how many of you are inspired just cause I finally decided to get my act together!
I had inspiration too...

I want to take a sec to thank my dad, my step mom and her mom for starting THEIR weight loss because when I went to visit them that Saturday November 13 and they told me about what they were doing and how they were losing weight, they inspired me to finally get myself in gear. They showed me what they were eating, and how much they were eating and that's when I decided hey, I can do this too.
I was sick of imagining my old skinny self and longing to be that person because quite frankly, before November 13, I had kind of given up. I had decided that you know what, I don't think I can do this. . . It just took that one day with my family to realize, you know what? I can do this too.. And I WILL do this...because I want to be happy. I want to feel good. I want to go shopping and enjoy it. I want to look in the mirror and be proud. . . And now, 16 weeks later, I am slowly changing to a new person. I am starting to stand taller, I am starting to look in the mirror and see the old me again. I am beginning to be excited to go shopping. Although it still seems far off, I feel like I will be able to feel completely happy with myself one day in the near future.

Something pretty cool happened to me this morning. I have this pair of pants that are a size 7. A few months ago, I couldn't eve get them up over my thighs. Every now and again I try them on....seeing how I can get them a little further on helps me to see my weight loss. This morning I tried them on and although they are snug, I CAN DO THEM UP!!!!!! Wow. This is absolutely unbelievable. 35 lbs ago losing weight seemed impossible and you know what? Its not. It just takes hard work and A LOT of dedication. You have to want to lose weight. You have to completely change your lifestyle. No more planning things around food, instead, plan your food into your day. Don't make plans with your friends to go to dinner, make plans with friends to go for a run, or go to the gym. Wake up in the morning and plan when you will be going to the gym, or better yet, go to the gym first thing in the morning so that there is no chance to cancel the gym because something came up, or you're too tired. LOSE THE EXCUSES. Do this for YOU.

Can't wait til after work, #1 its FRIDAY!!!!!! #2 today is picture day. Hopefully I see a difference from Feb 11 to today. If I do, I shall post it for all to see! xo - B

No comments:

Post a Comment