Thursday 10 March 2011

Just another couple of days!

I've been kind of slacking on the writing these last couple days but in my defense I have been crazy busy! Tuesday night was my weigh in and then yesterday was Wednesday. Quite often lately on Wednesdays nights I have been going to the rec centre and doing the Abs, butt and thigh class (aka ABT class). Let me tell you, If you want your bum and legs to get an @$$ kicking through millions of lunges and squats, THIS IS THE CLASS FOR YOU! I wasn't feeling the greatest yesterday so I didn't actually intend on going to the class last night, so on my lunch break I did a 25 minute run followed by my usual weight training. After work, we did some running around and then I changed out of my work clothes and weighed myself for fun. Right then and there I decided that hey, this is not the weight I want to be, I should go to ABT. So I put on my gym clothes and went. My legs but especially my bum are super sore today, and it feels good! Theres nothing better than feeling sore because you know what you did, worked! Today I am going to hit up the gym on my lunch break again, but I will not be doing any lunges or squats.

I am still working on focusing less on that number on the scale and more about how I feel. I know that I am developing muscle as well as my body is definitely changing but I am STILL hung up on my weight. I check it religiously. I like to check that number because it keeps me in check. If my number goes up, I know that I need to reevaluate what it was I did or didn't do the day before that may have contributed to that number. I don't care what people say, I NEED to check it. If I go a week without checking that number and all of a sudden I am up 4 lbs, well I know that clearly I should have done something different. Why would I wait a week to change what I am doing when I could have done it right away, know what I mean? I know everyone has different opinions on this, this is just mine. The way I am doing it now, is clearly working, so why would I change it?

Tomorrow is the 11th. Every month on the 11th I have taken a few photos of myself to compare to the month before. I am always excited about this, because it puts my weight loss into perspective for me. Although I am slowly starting to "see" my weight loss, it is still really tough for me. Only when I put my photos side by side do I REALLY notice the difference. Its such great motivation. Anyone out there who is actually reading this and is planning on starting their weight loss journey please listen to me when I say TAKE PHOTOS. As much as you don't want those photos now, you WILL want them when you are losing weight.

On another note, I am in the very beginning stages of planning our wedding... Does anyone have any advice? Where do you start? How do you choose colours? 

Is anyone out there actually reading this? If so, leave me a comment!
xo- B

PS..... 51 days til Mexico.. Eeeeeek!!!

4 comments:

  1. You are Amazing Brittny and you are motivating me to get back into the weight loss/healthy living game! I went and bought some new work out clothes yesterday and decided I was going to start ASAP. Hope all goes well with the wedding plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brit, I read every post! So proud of you and your dedication! You have the will power to reach your goals!!!! It’s not about the #’s on the scale... but how good you feel! Everyone deserves to feel amazing! When I’m all healed up lets go running! Thanks for sharing your journey and inspiring others! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. very inspiring... after having a baby I feel like poop and find it so hard to get my butt to the gym or even outside to go for a walk, but then I go try on clothes at the mall that I desparately need and I am totally depressed. I am very happy for you and hope that maybe a little of your persaverance will rub off on me. I am going to make today day one and when my husband gets home... head to the gym!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I READ EVERYTHING! I love it!! Keep going at it girl, you're doing awesome. I'm so excited for everything that is happening to you. It's hard work but everything is coming together and you deserve it!! Gym time for us soon!

    ReplyDelete