Wednesday 22 June 2011

Life Changes & Weight Loss

I have been at this for 7 months now. It seems like sooo long ago that I decided that it was finally time to do this...but at the same time, time has flown by. In the past 7 months I am down 45 lbs and 5 pant sizes and I intend to keep going. By the time I get married next year, I would like to be down another 10 lbs. 10 lbs in a year doesn't seem like much, but, as Ive gotten smaller these past few months, it has been MUCH harder to lose. The lbs are coming off VERY slowly. I am to blame for this obviously, as I have not been to the gym since Mexico....(oops) but in my defense, life has been crazy. In the next few weeks, I expect life to slow down at least a little bit, and when it does, you better believe I will be hitting the gym hard and staying active as much as I can. I am determined to do this once and for all.
In the past I have lost a little weight, and then gotten comfortable and stopped. Then the pounds slowly creeped back on again. Not this time.
This time I have surpassed the lowest weight I have been in the past few years and am fully determined to hit my goal. IT WILL HAPPEN.
I have learned sooo much about eating, and eating right, and I know that its a no-brainer. As long as I eat my targeted number of calories daily and get my activity in, the weight can and WILL come off.

I have something else to share. For the past 5 years I have worked for an awesome company with some great people. This past year there has been some major changes in my life including miss H doing her first year of full time school. Because I work 40 hours a week I cannot be a part of very much of her schooling....and I want to be. I have missed countless field trips & concerts and other things that I - and especially miss H - want me to be a part of. I have realized that this is a very important time that I cannot and will not miss any more of. Life flies by, and we'll never get this time back, its time to start doing what I want and need to do. So, on Monday, I put in my notice. I will no longer be an employee of this company after my last day on the 30th. It took a lot of thinking, but we have decided that its best for me to just be mom right now. I want to be there, and my kids want me there.

SO that's my news! Lots of changes going on, very exciting, but very nerve-racking at the same time. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment