Wednesday 27 April 2011

Excitement all around

A couple things to be excited about this morning:

1) I had my weigh in last night and after a couple weeks of crappy weigh-ins I am happy to report that I am down 1.8 lbs! YAY! This past week I have worked my butt off by hitting the gym before work as well as really buckled down on my eating. It just shows that a little dedication is all it takes to lose weight.

2) Back when I went to the gym at 6 am regularly there was a lady who I would say "hi" to here and there. This morning, I saw her at the gym and she came up to me to tell me: "I haven't seen you here in a while, but I wanted to tell you you're looking really good, you have obviously had some success"... so that was really cool!
I think for the most part people who have never been through weight loss don't understand the mind games that come with it. I think a lot of people assume that because the person is smaller they are obviously confident.....not the case. The problem is, it takes a while for the mind to actually catch up to the loss. To this day, being down 40ish pounds I am STILL struggling with insecurities and feeling crappy. Sure, I have a lot more days where I feel ok about how I look...but the days of feeling like a fat mess are still here. I actually had a break down last week about something image-related that left me crying to my friend. She thought I was crying about something she did, but really it was all me and my insecurities....I just needed that vent session and she was there. ...The mind is evil and is a CONSTANT struggle. I just cant grasp the fact that yes, I am getting smaller...and yes I am looking better. I keep on holding on to the weight I still need to lose. So its these little compliments from random strangers that seem to impact me the most. I know they are not saying it "just to say it" like I think friends or family may feel obligated to do. (not that this is the case - but I think that could happen so just wanted to throw it out there) Also, I took my inches and since December I am down 28 inches! :) Go me!

3) After a CRAZY-intense game, the Canucks finally sent the Blackhawks golfing! All I can hear around me this morning, everywhere I go, is talk of the Canucks and that heart pounding game last night. When Burrows scored that overtime goal last night, I actually LITERALLY heard fireworks outside my house! It was awesome!!


4) Mexico is soo close. Just around the corner... 4 more sleeps! It should come fast because these next few days is a whirlwind of activity. I have so much going on this week!

5) Only a couple more days until I get to see GSP fight in UFC 129!!



I am just sooo excited this week! YIPPEEE!! Go Canucks Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment