Wednesday 14 March 2012

2 Week update

I am on to day 14 of my March challenge and I am feeling amazing! I absolutely LOVE to go to the gym in the morning. It just starts my day off right. I come home feeling accomplished and happy that I have completed my work out. Something else I was thinking about is how great exercise is for your body. Not only physically but mentally too! If you are feeling stressed, upset, anxious...anything really..... try getting a work out in...it helps SO much.
So last Friday I wrote saying that even though Ive gotten to the gym every day this month so far and have watched what Im eating, I am yet to be down a pound. I was stuck. So I decided to ask my fiance for help. He's in great shape himself and knows a ton about diet and fitness. The reason I havent asked him to help me before is I just have a  tough time taking it from him. If a dietitian or a personal trainer were to tell me "Brit, you need to eat like this...." I would be fine with it...but if he was to say "Brit you need to do this or that" I get defensive for some reason. I just find it hard to take it from him. BUT since I am stuck and frustrated I enlisted his help promising I would follow his work out and eating plan. So on Monday I started and as of this morning (Wednesday) I am down 2.2 lbs! Yay! I am sooo happy to be out of this plateau and I am feeling GREAT!
I basically cut my carbs - not out completely - but I just eat them before a work out or shortly after, and not after lunch. A typical meal plan for the week looks something like this:
-protein shake before work out
-protein shake after work out
-egg whites with one piece of dry brown toast
-huge salad with ground turkey, peppers, onions, a LITTLE cheese and whatever other veggies
-piece of fruit for snack
-meat and veggies for dinner
-and coffee. Thats something I am NEVER willling to give up. I just make sure I drink it with skim milk and only a little sugar.
I also chew gum. This helps me get over any cravings I have and stops me from cheating if my kids have something I want! lol
Anyway! I took my measurements last weekend. I am really excited to compare them this coming weekend to see if there was any change during the week.
Now its time to get off this computer. Ive got 4 kids to look after and a Canucks game to get ready for tonight! xo-B

No comments:

Post a Comment